Join Lindsay as she discusses the biases that evolutionary biology has had to work against, including sexism, racism, Cis-Het classicism and more. Featuring anthropologist Chelsea Shields discussing bipedalism.
Links and text mentioned and read in this podcast:
- Darwin’s Teaching of Women’s Inferiority by J. Bergman, Ph.D.
- Women In Human Evolution by Lori Hager
- THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF CHARLES DARWIN 1809-1882 With Original Omissions Restored edited by Nora Barlow
- A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson
- Great Ape Distribution Map
- THE DESCENT OF WOMAN by Elaine Morgan
- Woman’s Creation: Sexual Evolution and the Shaping of Society by Elizabeth Fisher
- Bipedal animals, and their differences from humans
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Human Kind
- Mother Nature: Maternal Instincts and How They Shape the Human Species
- Elaine Morgan’s Aquatic Ape TED Talk